Attendees of the dedication heard from a few of Nix's co-workers and family members and each received a balloon to release along with bookmarks with advice that she gave freely. [Dedication Photo Gallery]
Linda's Advice for Living:
- Find your passion and pursue it.
- Uncover your natural talents
- Try out lots of different jobs before you choose a career.
- Meet all kinds of people and stay in touch.
- Live below your means.
- Do for others.
- Exercise, eat right, don't smoke or do drugs.
- Read everything you can.
- Find the "right one."
- In relationships, isolation is a bad thing.
- Do your best for yourself.
- Always do the right thing.
Linda Nix taught business in the district for over eleven years. In addition to preparing real-world projects to supplement state approved business classes, she wrote proposals for several innovative business/finance courses. She pioneered the BCIS II course in which students have the opportunity to take the Microsoft Office Specialist certification tests. She applied for and received a Tarrant County College Mini-grant in order to fund the certification service for Ben Barber students. She also received several of the Mansfield ISD Education Foundation innovative teaching grants as well as the Heartbeat Award.