Updated September 24, 2009: At the September 22, 2009 Regular School Board Meeting, Board Trustees approved the construction of the performing arts auditorium and professional development center by a 6-0 vote.
The developer of The Shops at Broad Street, working with the City of Mansfield, has approached the school district with a proposal to locate the proposed Performing Arts Auditorium/Professional Development Center to the land at Broad Street and Highway 287.
The school district is examining the proposal and is addressing the following conditions:
- The land will be given to the school district at no cost to the district.
- The school district will retain the 25 acres of land behind Ben Barber to be used in the future as the district deems necessary.
- The school district will retain 100% ownership of the facility.
- The district will incur no additional cost to the overall construction price if we decide to move the facility to the The Shops at Broad Street.
- If any non-MISD group wants to use the facility, they will pay a rental fee and meet MISD requirements for use.
- There will be no special consideration given to the City of Mansfield for the use of the facility.
- The City of Mansfield or any outside group would have the ability to rent the facility if they are willing to pay the rental fee.