The idea for the iPhone App materialized last summer and we received some early interest, wishes and suggestions for functionality.
We listened to that feedback and put together a comprehensive mobile app for our community.
We wanted to provide our parents, students, and staff with as much of the relevant and useful Mansfield ISD information, links, documents, resources, etc. at their fingertips.
Through the MISD iPhone App, users will find:
- Campus and department directory complete with phone numbers and maps
- Cafeteria menus and meal pricing
- Infinite Campus access for online grades, attendance and student information system
- Interactive map and portal to our web search engine used for attendance zones and bus routes
- News and blog updates, MISD YouTube videos, and quick access to our online photo galleries
- and much more....
|MISD iPhone App home screen|
We're always looking for ways to expand, enhance, and improve our school district communication and this seemed like a pretty solid way to do that to reach an ever-increasing mobile audience.In the 2010-11 academic year, our website traffic increased in the area of mobile devices. Leading the pack of mobile devices was the iPhone, with over 102,000 visits. We took into consideration iPod and iPad device access to our site and determined that right now, the traffic could support an iPhone App.
Android users, we haven't forgot about you. Our current plans are to begin the process soon for an Android App since that platform brought the next highest number and percentage of mobile device traffic.
For now, please let all of the iPhone users in Mansfield ISD know about the District's app and be sure to let us know what you think.