Google Analytics

Friday, May 6, 2016

Companies Honor Two MISD Teachers for Appreciation Week

Hall was surprised by campus administration and students
at the local Dunkin' Donuts.
Two Mansfield ISD teachers received an extra special treat by local businesses that wanted to give back to educators.

Judy Hall, fourth grade teacher at Charlotte Anderson Elementary School, was recognized by Dunkin’ Donuts as its Teacher of the Year. The South Arlington location contacted schools in three districts and chose Hall after the great feedback received about her.

“I love to teach, and I love these kids,” said Hall. “They are fabulous, and I don’t know what I’d do without them.”

Hall received $1,000, free coffee for one year, a tablet, three dozen roses, and a Dunkin' Donuts card to receive a 50 percent discount for one year.

Marino (bottom right) was presented the award
in the middle of her math class.
A fifth grade teacher at Della Icenhower Intermediate School also received a surprise for a job well done. Kelly Marino was given the Air1 Teacher Appreciation Award.

The radio station took nominations for the award and determined a finalist based on the number of nominations received and the testimonials that were written.

Marino was surprised in her classroom with a bucket full of goodies by an Air1 representative.

“I am shocked and honored,” said Marino. “I don’t even know what to say. I just love my job, and I don’t need recognition for it—but I appreciate it.”

The tokens of appreciation were a great way to end National Teacher Appreciation Week. Mansfield ISD is very fortunate to have teachers who are so passionate about our future leaders.